FAO-UN is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- National Consultant Agronomist – Horticulture for North East Nigeria
- National Operations Assistant
Driver Job Vacancy at FAO-UN
Job Title: Driver
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel in North East Nigeria
Expected Start Date: 14th November, 2016
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the International Operations Officer, in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR (Admin) and Emergency Response Manager, other national and international consultants in the project team, the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities
Job Role, Duties and Responsibilities
The Driver G-2 is responsible for driving the Country Office Staff of FAQ Representations. He/she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor and performs the following duties:
- Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAQ Representative and his/her visitors on occasions as necessary
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation/vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, batter tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other ON agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Primary/Secondary Education.
- Possession of valid driver’s license.
- One year of work experience as a driver.
- Flawless, safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of the local language(s) (level B).
- Fair knowledge (level A) of the FAO official language used at the duty state (English, French or Spanish) is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair. A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required. Safe driving manner.
- Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- The Driver must possess a polite and friendly attitude and handle his/her passengers with Utmost respect. A tidy appearance, courtesy, discretion and a high level of trustworthiness are essential personal attributes.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should be accompanied with one-page summary statement on how best you qualify for the above mentioned post.
Candidates applying for this position are further required to apply through the FAO iRecruitment system:
Click here to apply via iRecruitment system
Kindly complete the online Personal Profile Form in iRecruitment which can be accessed from any Internet connection. Please scan the completed form and send the same along with your credentials ELECTRONICALLY via e-mail to: [email protected] and should be addressed to:
The FAO Representative in Nigeria,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN),
Click Next to access the next vacant positions.