Active Voices is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Volunteer Program Assistant
- Volunteer Communications Assistant
Volunteer Program Assistant Job Vacancy at Active Voices
Job Title: Volunteer Program Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Program Coordinator in in the preparation of project outputs that relate to implementation of programme activities, such as progress reports, briefings, presentations.
- Assist Program Coordinator in developing and designing the organization’s workplan, programs, projects and activities in line with the set goals and objectives.
- Assist Program Coordinator coordinating the implementation, mentoring, supervision and evaluation of programmes and projects of the organization.
- Track and compile stories on gender-based violence
- Liaise with other units to write and produce programmatic reports of programmes, projects and activities of the organization monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, workshops, identifying participants, follow-up and coordination with participants and invitees, support logistic arrangements.
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent in Public Health or any Social or Health Science related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
- Intermediate research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, team and networking skills are essential
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Additional Advantageous Competencies:
- Understanding of NGO’s operation, best practices and market trends
- A strong commitment to development and humanitarian service
- Prior volunteer experience
- Knowledge of Infographic Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae in ONLY one attachment (PDF document) explaining suitability for the job by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to include functional contact details as well as contact information for at least two referees in the curriculum vitae.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.