ZOA is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Educational Qualification: University Degree (minimally B.Sc/BA, preferably M.Sc/MA) in relevant field;
Years of Experience: Proven working experience of at least 2 – 5 years in the relevant field with at least 1 year in staff management;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Excellent in Kanuri in reading, writing and speaking ;
- Excellent computer skills (accounting systems, Excel, Word).
- Affinity with development work and International NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Service oriented attitude but strict when it comes to keeping up to the ZOA policies and procedures;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Participative leadership;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Good numerical skills
- Analytical skills;
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
- Salary/conditions: ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
- The Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for all financial systems of ZOA Nigeria in order to support smooth organisational functioning and effective project implementation. The position is based in Maiduguri.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that an efficient and effective financial system is maintained, in line with the ZOA Nigeria policies and guidelines;
- Ensure that all the financial transactions are properly booked in the accounting programme (ZOA Manager);
- Provide financial and other information from ZOA Manager and other finance records to other ZOA staff, whenever this is required;
- Ensure regular internal controls (cash counts, spot checks, receipt checks) regarding financial processes are done to reduce the opportunities for fraud or abuse of funds, goods and materials;
- Assist the Manager General Affairs with budget development;
- Assist the Manager General Affairs with the monthly financial closure procedures;
- Assist the Manager General Affairs with external audits or ZOA NL audits;
- Participate in ZOA Tender committee during procurement processes;
- Ensure that bank and cash books are always up to date and booked in the accounts system;
- Ensure complete and proper documentation for all financial transactions;
- Maintain an adequate cash flow system;
- Facilitate payments or transfer by bank;
- Produce monthly financial reports for projects, partners, country office and authorities and facilitate the monitoring of the program expenditures against the budgets;
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Finance & Admin Officer, Maiduguri’ in the subject of your e-mail.