Secours Islamique France (SIF) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Project Manager, Gender Based Violence Nigeria M/F
- Head of Mission
- Field Coordinator
Project Manager, Gender Based Violence Nigeria M/F Job Vacancy at SIF
Job Title: Project Manager, Gender Based Violence Nigeria (M/F)
Starting date: ASAP
- North-East Nigeria is currently affected by one of the world’s most serious humanitarian crisis. Confronted to Boko Haram’s violence, over 15 000 000 people are affected by the crisis including 7 000 000 in need of emergency humanitarian assistance, over 2 000 000 IDPs and 4,5 million food insecure people.
- Following an exploratory mission conducted in September/October 2016, SIF is opening a mission in Nigeria in order to cover the FoodSec, WaSh & Protection needs of the most affected people in and around Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State.
- This position will provide leadership and technical expertise on the components of the program concerning gender based violence support services, community engagement, social integration and empowerment, economic recovery, and building capacity to respond to GBV in emergencies.
- The project manager GBV will be responsible for design and implementation of tools, guidance, and project policy to ensure achievement of technical program results.
- Provide leadership and direction, define and implement activities to achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible in diverse technical areas, including health care provision, psychosocial support, socioeconomic development, and legal counsel for GBV survivors, dedicated programming for adolescent girls, and prevention of violence against women and girls through social norms and behaviour change;
- Lead strategic work plans with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, implementation plans, financial projections and tools for evaluation;
- Provide technical oversight of the program by planning, monitoring and evaluating project activities; identifying technical assistance needs and engaging Technical Advisors and consultants as appropriate;
- Manage development of key program materials and curricula as well as technical tools and ensure that staff training needs are met;
- Manage external relations by representing the project and the organization and ensuring the dissemination of information about project achievements and lessons learned;
- Forge and maintain solid cooperation with partner organizations and government officials;
- Conduct frequent field visits to program sites to monitor activities and engage local stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Gender Studies, Public Health, International Development or related degree.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrable experience in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in a conflict or post-conflict context for GBV response and prevention programming, including psychosocial, socioeconomic, health, and legal interventions.
- Significant experience in research design for field-based programs, including data analysis of GBV research.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; and the ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word and Excel;
- French fixed term contract
- Duration: 3 months
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly per diem
- Social and medical cover
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a Cover letter to:
- Diversity is a wealth at Secours Islamique France;
- We will study every application with required skills for the position.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.