Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is recruiting to fill the job positions below:
- General Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Night Manager
General Manager Job Vacancy at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
- Oversees all aspects of Property Management in accordance with Company mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and discipline of all hotel staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the role of “Standard Bearer”, ensuring that each criteria in Bolton White Apartments then-current “Bolton White Apartments Basics” are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained by hotel staff.
- Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company’s mission statement.
- Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Deals with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plans and organizes the work of others.
- Accepts full responsibility for managing an activity.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Performs each criteria as contained in Bolton White Apartments then-current “General Manager’s Standard Operating Procedures” in a satisfactory manner.
- Performs each criteria as contained in Bolton White Apartments then-current “General Manager’s Standard of Performance” in a satisfactory manner.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
- Maintains an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
- Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures. 13. Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Typically, directly supervises 2 to 10 employees at the hotel, including all department heads. Indirectly supervises all hotel personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner, and the individual must be punctual and have a good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to work.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Absent extraordinary prior on-the-job experience, the General Manager position requires at least a Degree in Hospitality Management or any other relevant discipline (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- The position requires an occupationally-significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, and essential experience in similar capacity, responsible hotel skill level and management positions.
- A Certified Hospitality Administrator designation is preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application and CV’s to: [email protected]
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.