Eastern Palm University invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- University Librarian
Vice-Chancellor Job Vacancy at Eastern Palm University
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University, Ex-Officio Chairman of the Senate and the congregation and member of the University Governing Council.
Among his other function, the Vice-Chancellor shall be expected to:
- Be competent at all times to advise the council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University’
- Be generally responsible to the council for maintenance of peace, law and order on the campus.
- Be responsible for maintaining discipline in the University, and
- Regulate the admission of students subject to the guideline and procedures approved by the Senate.
Qualities and Qualifications for the Job
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Must be a University Professor, preferably, with a Ph.D in a field(s) of specialization relevant to the academic programme under the mandate of the Eastern Palm University, Ogboko and must have, a minimum of 15 (fifteen) years of academic or cognate experience of which not less than (eight) years will be at titu rank of a professor.
- However, exceptional candidates with less experience are encouraged to apply. In all cases, candidates must not be more than sixty (60) years on appointment.
- Must be of very high academic standing in his/her discipline such as to command respect nationally and internationally.
- Must be an accomplished administrator and manger of people and resources at a level sufficiently high to pilot the affairs of the University;
- Must have the experience of leading strategic developments and innovations
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the MISSION and the MANDATE of Nigerian Universities, especially those of the Eastern Palm University and must possess the developmental and managerial skills to pilot the University meaningfully in a developing society with rapidly changing needs and values;
- Must be a person with proven competent leadership qualities who would command the respect and loyalty of staff and students of the University; provide the necessary bridges between the various segments of the University community, on the one hand, and between the University and it’s immediate and wider communities on the other hand;
- Must be of strong and unimpeachable character with high level of probity and integrity;
- Must be morally sound and enjoy robust physical and mental health.
Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Vice Chancellor in Nigerian State Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the above specifications should note and comply with the following conditions. Each application should be forwarded along with 40 (forty) copies of the Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate:
- Each application should be accompanied by 40 (forty) copies of the candidate’s Vision for the University in the twenty-first century,
- In the case of candidate(s) identified arid nominated by the Search Team, each application must be accompanied by a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate;
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the application and nomination should be marked, ‘The Chairman Technical Committee for Eastern Palm University’ at the top left corner and forwarded in time to reach the technical committee
All applications, Curriculum Vitae, referees report and other relevant documents should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Chairman Technical Committee,
Eastern Palm University, Ogboko,
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.