American University of Nigeria (AUN) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Front Office Manager
Job Location: Yola
Department: AUN Hotel
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any social sciences
Years of Experience: 3 years relevant experience
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, mature and resilient
- Must have good oral and written communication skills. Should be able to communicate effectively with top management, fellow managers, and subordinates and with the general public.
- Experience in hotel management will be an added advantage
- Must have stamina to remain focused and resolute in regular stressful and tiring job conditions.
- Employee Relations, Training and coaching.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
- The Front Office Manager manages all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting with hotel policies and procedures.
- The Assistant Front Office Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office, implements and enforces the AUN Hotel Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Coordinate daily activities with hotel management team on a daily basis.
- Hold monthly department meetings keeping staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing Standards of Excellence and promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures. This position is a member of the hotel’s emergency response team.
- Inform all Front Office staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Undertake full responsibility for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the department
- Set Front Office Budget, monitor Profit & Loss and cash handling throughout the year. Supervise Upsell program at the Front Office and work as part of the Yield Management team to try and maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
Apply Before: 27th October, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes/CV’s, cover letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted