The U.S. Embassy, is currently seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
- Senior Program Specialist – Data Analysis and Visualization
- Chauffeur/Scooter Driver
Senior Program Specialist – Data Analysis and Visualization Job Vacancy at The U.S. Embassy
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist – Data Analysis and Visualization, FSN-11/FP-4*
Location: Abuja – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent provides technical expertise to improve CDC Nigeria and Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs in the country.
- S/he will lead and manage CDC’s data analysis and visualization systems, playing a key role in profiling, enhancing, standardizing, transforming and visualizing health data across programs.
- The SPS-DAV’s (Senior Program Specialist-Data Analysis and Visualization) essential mission is to analyze complex data sets and present selected information in a visual and graphical manner that can be easily understood by consumers and decision makers.
- Additionally, s/he will help in keeping the agency and its partners on track for achieving extremely ambitious goals for HIV prevention, care and treatment.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Terminal Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, Behavioral Science, Management Information System, Information Technology, Statistics or related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience as a Data Analyst, Statistician or Monitory and Evaluation (M&E) officer in a health/medical research organization, university or public health program, implementing agency in HIV/AIDS, STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases), TB (Tuberculosis) prevention programs at the local, State, Federal or International levels. Experience in use of measurement methods required for Data Analysis and Monitoring and Evaluation of target populations and health programs including quantitative and qualitative operations research is required. Additional Two (2) years of supervisory experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of program evaluation strategies and techniques as well as public health interventions such as HIV/AIDS, TB, STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) prevention, care and treatment programs. Thorough knowledge and use of program management principles and translation of evaluation of data as it pertains to the improvement of program operations, guidelines and policies as well as familiarity with the health care system of Nigeria.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and technical expertise in the analysis of public health data. Ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners is required.
- Proficiency in database design, development and administration, familiar with all of the software packages (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and statistical programs such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA); SQL programing, understanding of both transactional (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) data environments related to health including spatial analysis GIS etc. is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N11, 581,095 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-11
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM/EFM – US$54,610 (Full-Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-4*
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Click here to download the Position Decriptions (PDF)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.