Swap Consulting – Our client is a leading Internet Service Provider is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: OSP Fibre Maintenanace Supervisors
Job Location: Port-Harcourt
Years of Experience:
- Over 2 Years OSP Fibre Maintenance/Supervision Experience.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As-Built drawings for
- Fibre networks.
- Knowledge of major Fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port
- Harcourt Metro.
Competence: Skills, Knowledge, Personal Attributes
- Proficient use of Fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visio etc
- A Goal getter and team player.
- Able to work under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open to learning and willingness to share knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able to manage/supervise Fibre civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate labourers
- and contractor personnel to accomplish assigned project task.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
Job Specification(s): Plant Supervisor to work on a major fibre project in Port Harcourt Nigeria.
The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees on-going Fibre Optic & civil work activities delivered by subcontracted Service Providers (SP) assuring adherence to agreed scope of work and deliveries’ specifications, and managing and following up on changes, unforeseen hinders and other events having an impact on project scope, cost and time.
The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day to day communication with subcontracted service providers, as well as with Customer and Local Authority organizations in the construction of the
Fiber project. The role is expected to involve a significant element of onsite attendance.
The OSP Supervisor is also responsible for setting, monitoring, analyzing and managing subcontractor performance as well as conducting audits of subcontractor’s Fibre Optic & civil works workmanship.
Main Responsibilities of the OSP Supervisor include, but not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating subcontracted service provider’s deliveries with regard to outside
- plant construction civil work activities and required Fibre Optic installation/termination, ensuring the project is delivering on scope, cost and time;
- Managing daily communication, being a point of contact for SP for queries, change requests and issue resolution in construction phase of the pilot;
- Being a primary interface with Local Authorities, SP,and customer regarding appropriate work permits, for example, right of Way (ROW), Road Opening Licences;
- Monitoring, managing and reporting subcontractor’s performance against project targets;
- Organizing and performing civil work quality audits as appropriate; identify, make recommendations and follow up on improving the quality and performance of the subcontractor’s workmanship during the project rollout;
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure subject of application is “OSP Fibre Maintenanace in Port Harcourt“.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and subsequently invited for Interview.