Sheraton Hotel is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Account Payable Supervisor
- General Cashier
Account Payable Supervisor Job Vacancy at Sheraton Hotel
Job Title: Account Payable Supervisor
Four Points by Sheraton Lagos Hotel is located on the edge of the beautiful Victoria Island, in Nigeria’s economic capital. All around this business hotel, you’ll find a host of international companies within a dynamic business district.
The hotel offers 231 deluxe rooms and Suites that are tastefully furnished. At Four Points by Sheraton Lagos Hotel, we have what you need; Great rooms. Swift service. Honest value. You also want indulgences along the way, like a Swedish massage at Your Spa and Fitness.
- Maintains accounts payable voucher register, cash disbursement journal and supporting schedule. Keeps complete and accurate accounts payable records
- Responsible for payments to suppliers for all goods and services required by the hotel, and for all reconciliation’s of issued purchase orders, advance to suppliers and owner’s current account etc.
- To effect collections so that accounts outstanding are at a minimum and cash flow at the maximum.
- Posts all vouchers to the voucher register on a current basis.
- Prepares checks and enters them in the disbursement journal according to the payment schedule agreed between controller, purchasing and the suppliers.
- At month end, balances voucher register and disbursement journal.
- Prepares trial balance of unpaid vouchers which balances with general ledger control card.
- Balances inventory accounts with F&B control and general stores.
- Reviews and reconciles open purchase order file with purchasing on a monthly basis for a status report on undelivered items. Reconcile on monthly basis all related accounts
- Operate within Starwood and local policies guidelines.
- Maintain a good business relation with guests
- Work closely with the Front Desk, Reservations & Events and all Departments Heads
- Matches invoices received with received notes and/or purchase orders.
- Allocates costs according to the Sheraton chart of accounts.
- Checks that the detail on the invoices corresponds with that on the delivery notes and/or purchase orders.
- Checks that the department head concerned sign all invoices for services or good received direct.
- Promptly resolves all disputes with purchasing and suppliers.
- First degree holder (B.Sc. or HND holder)
- Accounting Knowledge or background.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to take responsibility and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Honest, Hardworking and with Integrity
- Ability to work as a team
- Proactive thinking
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international chain hotel.
- Above Average hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, WORD and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and reports generated from the computer system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply for this Position
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.