Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Head of Department (Logistics)
- FSL (BSF) Program Manager
- Program Manager-FFP
- FSL Program Manager
- Deputy Country Director – Programs
- Base Logistician
- Procurement Officer
- Nutrition Assistant
- Information & Telecom (ITC) Officer
- Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) Assistant
Head of Department (Logistics) Job Vacancy at Action Against Hunger
Job Title: Head of Department (Logistics)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Ensuring an enhanced logistical, supply chain and procurement function at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support.
- Directly line-manage the capital logistics/supply chain and procurement teams, and be the technical manager for all field logistics managers.
- Coordinate logistics at national level.
- Prevent and manage fraud and corruption.
- Contribute to the definition of mission strategy.
- Collaborate with headquarters in the management of international transport.
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission’s partners.
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
- You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced, complex humanitarian emergency context.
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities:
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization’s policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new contextual developments.
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role in keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
Your work style builds confidence within your team:
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You remain calm and professional under pressure and encourage others to maintain efficiency and effectiveness as well.
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work.
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams achieve their objectives.
- You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.