SMEC is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Expert / Project Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: At least a Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or Natural Resources Management or related from a recognized university.
Years of Experience: At least 12 years overall relevant experience in the field and at least 3 years experience managing or directing projects in developing countries. Project management experience is mandatory.
- Fluency in English mandatory. Additional language abilities such as French is advantageous.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English (mandatory). Experience in preparing reports, proposals, and/or publications of international standard.
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
- Able to travel to different countries in Africa
- Nationals and residents in Africa are encouraged to apply.
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas such as Environmental and Social Impact Assessment of dam/irrigation/water supply/power transmission lines/roads/building complex or other large infrastructure projects, environmental and social studies, environmental management, environmental planning.
- Membership in a related professional association or registration as an environmental expert is advantageous.
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Excellent opportunity to become a valued member of SMEC’s multidisciplinary team
- Outstanding career prospectsSMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
- Manages, guides, and directs project teams and activities to achieve efficient, cost-effective, timely, and high quality delivery of consultancy assignments around Africa.
- Prepares and / or reviews project technical reports and other outputs with quality assurance
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises the work of other staff members and experts
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of local and regional staff
- Performs the role of Project Manager / Team Leader and technical expert on projects as needed
- Assists with preparation of high quality winning proposals
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with existing and potential clients and funding agencies
Apply Before: 30th October, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please send your detailed CV and application letter. Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.