British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Treasury Assistant (Contract)
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: Degree educated
Years of Experience: Minimum 1-5 years’ experience in an FMCG or similar environment
- Thorough understanding of Accounting principles
- Professional qualification i.e. (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written & oral communication skills
- In depth knowledge / experience in one or more specialist treasury activity
- The job holder will proactively support to execute Treasury & Cash Management processes such as, cash management, Import, Foreign exchange transactions management, Insurance risk management, credit facilities, and banking relationships.
- Provide proactive support (within the global treasury strategy framework) in order to implement opportunities for enhancing treasury effectiveness and to assist teams in delivering the global Treasury strategy.
- Ensure that discrepancies in documentation by suppliers are sorted out quickly to facilitate supplier payment.
- Efficient allocation of transactions and receipts across banks.
- Effective Foreign exchange bids at inter-bank and export proceeds utilisation.
- Identify opportunities and implement for continuous improvement with regard to treasury management processes and systems.
- Execute treasury management activities following agreed global standard processes and frameworks
- Effective monitoring of cash status in all BATN Group banks to ensure compliance with mandates and counterparty limits.
- Effective monitoring of all trade transactions to ensure payments are made timely and proper ledger posting of the transactions.
- Ensure that employees are aware of regulations governing foreign exchange and other transactions.
- Ensure Treasury operating procedures and control systems are implemented throughout the company.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the LC & Bills tracker.
- Timely preparation of monthly clearing journals to GL and other reports.
- Effectively interface with other finance functions (including AP, GL, and Marketing Finance) to achieve targets and accurate reporting.
- Effective relationship with banks to achieve competitive costs, support and improved services.
- The Treasury Assistant will work with and report directly to the Treasury Executive.
- The Treasury Executive will add value by driving innovative solutions that support Treasury operations.
Innovation Results (Internal & External):
- Play a lead role in the periodic review of treasury manual and other policies.
- Drive the pooling initiative
- Financial Accounting
- Supply Chain- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain Team in ensuring FX transaction documentation and OTIF settlement of foreign vendors.
- All employees requiring foreign exchange allowable by the CBN
- Treasury Manager
- Operations Finance
- Finance shared service centre – Collaborate closely with FSC to deliver effective treasury services.
Apply Before: 3rd November, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply