MTN Nigeria seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- SM, Financial Operations (Fixed Asset)
- Senior Manager, Treasury Operations and Support
- Submarine Network Support Engineer
- NSMC Engineer – (NSS, TX/MPLS)
- Site Lease Coordinator
SM, Financial Operations (Fixed Asset) Job Vacancy at MTN Nigeria
Job Title: SM, Financial Operations (Fixed Asset)
- To provide an access point for the company’s Fixed Asset information, thus safeguarding the company’s assets and having control on their movement -generally promoting ownership spirit within the company.
- To develop and implement a strategy that ensures CAPEX is within approved budget and detect any variance.
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Develop strategic approach for managing fixed asset in MTNN and design framework to integrate all fixed asset related activities throughout the organization.
- Provide guidance to MTNN management on in preparation and maintenance of strategic plans and fixed asset related accounting standards.
- Coordinate the development, improvement and implementation of internationally compliant policies and procedures regarding accounting and management of MTNN fixed assets.
- Develop and implement strategy that ensures CAPEX is within approved budget and that detect any variance.
- Review strategy for implementation of Reverse logistics process and coordinate the process for obtaining all necessary statutory certification as relates to MTNN fixed assets.
- Establish and implement process for identification and test of impairment indicators on MTNN assets.
- Coordinate periodic review of Asset Retirement Provision assumptions.
- Manage and control fixed asset register to provide precise and dependable information on MTNN fixed assets as well as its verification and audits, duly.
- Develop short and long term strategy for safeguarding MTNN fixed assets and promoting ownership spirit within the company.
- Interface with all internal/external stakeholders and auditors on all issues pertaining to the accounting and management of MTNN fixed assets.
- Coordinate the review and selection of appropriate depreciation methods, useful life and residual value for MTNN fixed assets.
- Ensure conformance of all company’s capital projects to company’s PPP’s on project execution.
- Develop and coordinate process of obtaining all necessary statutory certification as relate to MTNN fixed assets.
- Evaluate efficiency of systems being used in all fixed asset related activities.
- Provide a variety of adhoc reports for management decision making as regards assets of the company.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Deals with a lot of paper work
- Move around locally to have a firsthand view of what is on site
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- A first degree in a computer or business related discipline, but a finance related degree is desirable
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least 10 years work experience comprising:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry (i.e. Telecoms / Manufacturing/Oil and Gas) i
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- At least 2 years’ experience in fixed asset management preferably within the within the telecommunication / Manufacturing/Oil and Gas industry
- Experience in working with fixed asset management system and Enterprise Financial System.
- Knowledge of applicable International Accounting standards
- International Financial Reporting Standard
- Asset management in telecommunication industry
- Conversant with telecom equipment
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.