North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Years of Experience: Six years or more relevant work experience with at least three years in supervisory role
- Experience working with international organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask is required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information analysis and systems management is required.
- Experience in data management and governance is required
- Ability to manage budgeting and cost analysis is essential;
- The IT Manager will be responsible for overseeing the overall IT structure and implementation for the office in Abuja and three state offices at Adamawa, Borno and Yobe respectively.
- The IT Manager will lead and ensure maintenance on all IT hardware and software, network operating systems, server administration and provide strategic resolutions on all technology issues across any of the state offices.
- This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel maybe required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The IT Manager reports to the Operations Manager and will manage two IT Officers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and provide timely strategic solutions within industry best practice for all technology issues
- Oversee the technical set-up of all IT related issues, including installation and testing of system administration, network configuration, and software upgrades
- Plan and manage the IT training for employees, especially for software and hardware upgrades
- Contribute to budgeting for IT related items to ensure cost effectiveness
- Manage the IT equipment and inventory for all state offices to ensure responsible use and assets maintenance
- Implement and coordinate the IT systems inline to the organization policy
- Coordinate periodic evaluation and audits on all IT systems to ensure security and control
- Coordinate periodic data backup on all IT systems and networks
- Any other IT-related task, as assigned.
Apply Before: 11th October, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected] before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.