Bayero University, Kano invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Job Location: Kano
Educational Qualification: A relevant Ph.D. degree
Years of Experience: Shall have a minimum of 15 years’ cognate experience and the capacity to initiate research in a university system or comparable organization
- Versatility in information technology (IT) and library automation
- Shall not be above the age of 65 years at the point of assumption of duty
- Membership of relevant professional associations is an added advantage.
- A good record of scholarly publications through reputable medium
- Shall not be below the rank of a Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University setting
Condition of Service
The salary and other conditions of services shall be in accordance with what obtains in the Nigerian University System.
Job Specification(s): Responsibilities
- The University Librarian is the Principal Officer of the University answerable to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of Library matters of the University.
- He/She shall be in charge of the management and administration of the University Library services, staff and facilities in the main Library as well as in the faculties and centres. He/She shall also be responsible for linkages with other library organizations and publishers, both national and international.
How to Apply: