Adam Smith International is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, West Africa Team – Nigeria (Abuja)
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Post-graduate degree in a related field;
Years of Experience:
- Experience leading business development initiatives, or tendering new opportunities working for a development agency;
- Experience working in developing/conflict-affected environments;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Experience directing or managing project teams, consultants and other stakeholders;
- Willing to travel.
Other Requirements: Required Skills
- Outstanding written English and good communication skills;
- Good budget, finance and forecasting skills;
- High level of emotional intelligence in the following areas: self-awareness, social awareness and self-management;
- Proactive, self-starter, resourceful;
- Open-minded, flexible approach to problem-solving;
- Resilient to changing circumstances and challenges;
- Achievement oriented;
- The position is based Abuja within the Adam Smith International West Africa Team.
- Senior Managers play a fundamental role in our operating model, managing the technical and financial performance of projects, as well as leading business development. This involves developing a clear strategy to consolidate and develop our growing team. Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategy development.
- Build relationships with clients and counterparts in pursuit of project delivery and business development opportunities.
- Secure new work in West Africa and help to grow Adam Smith International’s business.
- Take a leading role in managing bids.
- Deliver optimal value for money for our clients.
- Deliver quality projects that achieve targets and achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Project Director for selected projects. Senior contact person for clients and accountability for technical and operational delivery.
- Line manager to members of the West Africa team.
- Develop an engaged and motivated team that is set-up to deliver against Adam Smith International Nigeria’s corporate objectives.
- Play a leading role in establishing internal and external corporate initiatives for Adam Smith International (e.g. training initiatives and marketing initiatives).
- Ensure Adam Smith International Nigeria is a compliant organisation and that risks are identified and managed.
What We Offer You
- We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability). We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement). We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results
- We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We offer a highly competitive salary, plus a bonus and excellent benefits and expat package.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply,
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.