British Deputy High Commission is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Residence Manager (17/16 LOS)(Internal Advert)
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for someone who can work with minimal supervision and manage a small team.
- They must be professional and flexible in their approach and have a positive attitude to resolving issues.
- They should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively.
- They must possess excellent IT and organisational skills, including the ability to work quickly and accurately, often under pressure.
- All applicants must be able to communicate in English, level of language required: Advanced/Fluent.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Previous experience as a Residence Manager
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Job Specification(s): Management of the British Residence:
- To organise the Residence event diary in close liaison with the DHC, his PA and other relevant staff within the British Deputy High Commission.
- To provide assistance and support to HC and official visitors on duty visits to Lagos.
- To ensure the house offers a warm, welcoming atmosphere; to take responsibility for the day to day supervision, cleanliness and upkeep of the house and its surroundings.
- To arrange appropriate maintenance on the house and oversee any refurbishments or works carried out at the Residence.
- To liaise with CS staff and local suppliers on the renewal of fabrics, soft furnishings and other domestic equipment.
Organising and preparing for all functions held at the Residence:
- Agree a schedule of entertainment and events with the DHC and make preparations for each function. Choose menu in discussion with DHC and/or other individuals as s/he directs. Accompany the cook (when appropriate) on shopping trips.
- Ensure that appropriate extra staff, decorations, equipment are arranged as required and ensuring that such procurement is in line with guidelines on recruitment, health and safety etc, supervise staff/helpers and stock during and after functions and maintain records and house files.
- To ensure value for money and cost effective purchases and regular review of suppliers to seek competitive offers.
Management of Accounts, Inventory and Staff:
- Maintain up to date inventories and carry out periodic checks of all Silverware, Government Art Collection, furniture, furnishings, food and wine stocks at the Residence ensuring that they are still present, functioning and in date.
- Manage the cash imprest ensuring full receipts and costs are monitored.
- To keep the DHC’s monthly account.
- To keep track of monthly stock of food, drinks and other household items.
- To ensure that accounts are kept up to date and submitted within deadlines.
- To actively manage staff at the residence, to carry out regular appraisals and reviews and to ensure that the Residence has sufficient staff at all times to meet the operational requirements of the DHC.
- To act as Budget monitor for the entertainment and SIWM sub heads
Apply Before: 26 September 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.