United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Security Officer- Maiduguri
- Programme Policy Officer
- Human Resources Officer
- Human Resources Officer
- Vulnerability Analysis Mapping (VAM) Officer- Abuja
- OIM & Performance Reporting Officer
- Head of Supply Chain Officer
- Budget & Programming Officers (Pipeline)
- Programme Policy Officer: Protection
- Communications Officer
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- OIM & Performance Reporting Officer
- Security Officer – Damaturu
- Vulnerability Analysis Mapping (VAM) Officer – Maiduguri
Security Officer – Maiduguri Job Vacancy at WFP
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Head of Security, the Security Officer will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Keep up to date with and advise upon regional and local security developments and issues and the potential impact upon WFP activity to inform security and operational activities.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support e.g. operational security requirements, security assessments and plans to country offices to strengthen the capacity within security management and crisis readiness and preparedness, contributing to the development of country strategy, policies and planning.
- Provide leadership of a security team, ensuring the effective management of all security activity and resources to support country office programmes and operations.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of an effective security management communications system to enable rapid and co-ordinated security activities.
- Identify and build productive relationships with government agencies and national partners to align activities and optimise the best protection for staff, activities and facilities.
- Represent WFP at national and inter-agency meetings e.g. security coordination cells to contribute to technical discussions and exchange of knowledge and experience and advocate for the WFP position.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to align security activities with wider programmes.
- Support the maintenance a regional security network among WFP security personnel.
- Identify potential security training and development opportunities and needs and facilitate training sessions as required to build the security capabilities of WFP and external partners.
- Oversee and prepare accurate and timely reporting e.g. mandatory ODF reports that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and information as required to support the assessment of activity impact.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- A diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
A minimum of 8 years relevant professional experience is required in the following:
- Advised on regional and local security developments that impact upon WFP’s security and operational activities
- Provided support in the provision of technical security operations advice to strengthen the security management function of WFP and contributes the development of country strategy, policies and planning
- Managed large teams of staff with somewhat varied areas of expertise
- Developed considerable exposure of managing resources in the STLDU or Operations and some experience of managing resources at HQ
- Gained considerable experience in one or two operational areas
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound understanding of security risk concepts and management principles with a board knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes and specialized knowledge in a specific area.
- Ability to assimilate and analyze complex issues using independent judgment and anticipate potential strategic impact to create effective organizational policy and planning recommendations.
- Ability to deliver effective training, assessing participant needs and responding flexibly.
- Ability to coordinate action/reports with security entities of other UN agencies, funds and programmes.
- Strong commercial knowledge with the ability to develop, manage and control budgets, with frequently limited funding.
- Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year and eligible for the Rest and Recuperation (R&R) scheme.
- He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit: icsc.un.org
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- Qualified African national and female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.