Graceco Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: A graduate
Years of Experience: At least 1-2 years in purchasing and procurement role
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Flair for negotiation and networking;
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines;
- Confident and mature approach;
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Commercial awareness;
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships;
- Excellent standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures;
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, low-cost products and the proper processing of assigned supplier’s orders.
- In order to carry out these responsibilities, the Procurement Office selects and evaluates the performance of suppliers
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on a criteria
- Verifies quantification of orders and that the required order is within the agreed budget
- Prepares purchase orders for all types of goods such as raw materials, equipment, supplies, services and asset acquisitions
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Initiates negotiations with suppliers and vendors in order to obtain best cost and lead time offerings
- Conducts performance evaluation for suppliers and vendors in order to maintain quality services
- Source for new vendors and establish business relationship
- Ensure that supplier database is up to date with all relevant information
- Liaise with store manager and receiving officer about stock levels.
- Assist in managing and following up on purchase orders
- Act as an intermediary between suppliers and Graceco, to maintain good relations with suppliers.
- Send purchase orders to all suppliers when re-order levels have been reached either via emails or by making calls once approval has been given by management.
- Follow up on purchase orders to determine when supplies would be made.
- Complies with the corporate procedures and regulations on procurement
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers
- Processes the necessary clearance documents for security department
- Ensures the proper management of procurement department operations
- Ensures the proper processing of assigned customer orders
- Write reports on purchases made daily.
Apply Before: 30th October, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com