Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
- Food Security Coordinator
- Food Security Assistant
- Food Security Officer
- WASH Technical Assistant
- Finance Officer
Food Security Coordinator Job Vacancy at NRC
Job Title: Food Security Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
In the coming year, one of NRC’ main focus will be to provide the displacement affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local host communities including IDP camps in Borno State with adequate food security and livelihood solutions. NRC is therefore seeking a Food Security Coordinator for the NRC Field Office in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2016. The Food Security Coordinator reports to the Food Security Programme Manager, Nigeria.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, policies and procedures and other food security
- tools and handbooks
- Management of food security project field staff
- Contribute to food security strategy development according to plan of action and provide input on needs and
- gaps from relevant area
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of food security projects (activities, budget and project
- documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality,
- and provide regular reports to PM.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget, as delegated from PM
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, method and approaches in order to improve the
- quality of the activities
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Coordinate, involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Proven experience from working with food security projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Proven experience from project implementation in Cash/ voucher transfers, Income Generation Activities and Backyard Vegetable Gardening
- University degree in Agronomy, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience, such as livelihood and market based approaches.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, or similar)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa languages
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four
- organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: One year (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, copy of a valid national identification (National
Passport, Driver’s License, National Identity Card or Voter’s Card) and an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The title of the position (Food Security Coordinator – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered).
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favor for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.