iMMAP is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field;
- A first level university degree combined with an extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
Years of Experience: Minimum Five (5) years of work experience in the field of Information Management;
• Thorough knowledge of the UN cluster system and how it operates;
• Relevant experience in working with the UN or other humanitarian organizations in emergency setting;
• Experience in emergency relief management and field coordination;
• Experience using ArcGIS and Adobe Suite software;
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite (with emphasis on data manipulation in MS Excel or MS Access);
• Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken).
• Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills;
• A strong service orientation;
• Willingness to work under tight deadlines and for extended hours;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that the IMO will commit 5% of his/her time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
The conflict between Boko Haram and Nigerian government has led to a humanitarian and security crisis, which has spilled over to neighbouring countries such as Niger, Cameroon and Chad. An international coordinated military operation against the insurgent group has seen a massive population displacement and the worsening of the humanitarian situation. Recent military gains by the Nigerian armed forces resulted in the liberation of big swats of the north-east of the country, which were a stronghold of Boko Haram. The humanitarian community is still assessing the scale of the needs in those areas and the United Nations, along with several national and international NGOs, is leading the response efforts to the millions in needs.
SCOPE OF THE WORK
iMMAP is looking for skilled Information Management Officers (IMO) with past work experience in emergency settings. The incumbent will provide technical assistance to clusters and their members with regard to data collection, its processing, management, mapping and reporting. Under minimum supervision, the candidate will be dedicated to one of the following clusters/sectors: Health, Nutrition, Food Security, WASH, Protection, Shelter/CCCM/NFI, Coordination. He/she will ensure that information management products are timely delivered and of highest quality.
Reporting to the Cluster Co-leads and under the administrative oversight by iMMAP’s Programme Manager, the Information Management Officer (IMO) will provide support with data collection, its vetting, cleaning and processing, database development and/or maintenance, GIS mapping, data analysis and reporting, infographic design, website design and/or administration, training of junior staff and any other required support for the benefit of sectors and the humanitarian community. Tasks are, but not limited to the following:
• Collect 4/5W data from partner organizations in a consistent and compatible format, enabling information sharing and analysis;
• Ensure timely dissemination of necessary information to UNOCHA, cluster members and other stakeholders;
• Ensure continuous communication with other clusters/agencies IMOs for enhanced coordination and mapping of humanitarian response activities;
• Develop simple, user-friendly data reporting tools, in consultation with supervisors; ensuring sex, age and vulnerable groups disaggregation are taken into account;
• Train and promote the use of standard agreed-upon tools among cluster members;
• Ensure the use and application of appropriate information technology in daily tasks;
• Reinforce the IM capacity of partners;
• Represent the cluster in meetings;
• Consolidate and perform quality control on data collected;
• Develop and administer relevant datasets and/or databases including content, structure, file location, backup system, using accepted international standards;
• Generate maps, reports and other information graphics to support planning and decision-making;
• Provide technical support to the assigned cluster/sector in information management and data analysis;
• Perform any other duty as requested and assigned by the supervisors.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested an qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply