TTC Mobile Limited – Our client is a leading Internet Service Provider seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Fibre Technician
- OSP Supervisor (FTTH Out-Side- Plant)
- Fifth Activation Scheduler (FAS) For Fibre Optic Cable Deployment
- AutoCAD Technician/Draughtsman
- Corporate Support Agent
- OSP Design Supervisor
- NOC Support Engineer
Fibre Technician Job Vacancy at TTC Mobile Limited
Job Title: Fibre Technician
Locations: Ekiti, Kano, Lagos, Oyo
The Job will involve the following functions;
- Ability to conduct site surveys for the installation of drop (last-mile) cabling.
- Liaise with the customer and ipNX sales team to determine the preferred location of customer modem (CPE) in the building.
- Liaise with the Outside Plant Supervisor and the Supply Chain Management team to sign out required activation materials (e.g drop cable) from the store.
- Employ the service of casual labourers for minor civil works where required in laying the drop cable.
- Ensure drop cable is correctly and neatly installed from the nearest access terminal indoors/outdoors into the customer’s residence.
- Measure the Db loss of fibre cabling using the appropriate tools.
- Do minor troubleshooting with light source and power meter to ensure the optic fibre connection Db loss is within range to achieve an excellent connection.
- Do minor corrective procedures such as cleaning optic fibre connectors, couplers, re-splicing the drop cable or replacing the drop cable.
- Install and make the interconnection between the drop cable and the customer’s modem (CPE).
- Test and commission the CPE with the supervision of the ipNX NOC.
- Sign-off with the customer.
- Complete all required documentation to ensure inventory databases are accurate.
Non Technical Skills:
- Ability to engage customers, customer focus, timeliness, being target driven, quality consciousness, ability to work without supervision and ability to lead a small team to deliver on targets.
- Ability to use fibre optic tools such as optical light source, optical power meter, splicing tool and Optical
- Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) will be an added advantage. Ability to use the computer and Microsoft office applications is a key requirement.
- Experience in the installation of any type of cabling such as Cable TV, fixed telephone lines and DSL will be an added advantage.
- Quick learners are preferred, since this will require working on new technology.
- Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Science or Engineering related courses.
- Exceptions may be made in the case of those who studied other disciplines but with field experience in the installation of optic fibre cabling.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and subsequently invited for Interview.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.