The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Law or other related fields;
Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years of professional job experience relevant to the functions or in related fields;
- · A proven ability to act with discretion and diplomacy is essential for this function
- · Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
- · Excellent communication skills. – Excellent knowledge of English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language is essential.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- · Good knowledge and experience of UNHCR operations;
- · Drafting skills;
- · Experience in dealing with the public.
Under the close guidance of the Representative, the incumbent will liaise with colleagues within the same office, Regional Office, HQ and in the field on matters of non-routine significance in order to prepare documents for the supervisor and manage the flow of information. Regular contacts with external parties including UN offices, donors and other International organizations will be made to provide background information on relevant topics prior to meetings and obtain assistance of others on matters of relevance to the office.
- Assist in managing the flow of information to the supervisor by identifying priority matters to be urgently addressed by the supervisor; analyse supporting documentation and summarize most relevant points and ensuring that appropriate action is taken by responsible Section Heads.
- Assist in following-up on policies and instructions presented by the supervisor; highlighting major world-wide operational developments related directly to UNHCR or to humanitarian issues.
- Assist in presenting statements that represent UNHCR’s overall policies and draft substantive correspondence for the supervisor.
- Assist in securing timely and authoritative information from Sectional Heads.
- Ensure supervisor is prepared for meetings and missions by drafting talking points and establishing contacts on the subject matters to be discussed.
- Accompany supervisor to meetings and on missions in order to prepare notes on the discussions, ensuring follow-ups and support with any relevant input.
- Support the supervisor in efforts to raise the profile of UNHCR and the agency’s concerns within the context of the broader United Nations system.
- Assist in coordinating draft of position papers and other documents relevant to the activities of the office.
- Ensure high-level visitors are appropriately addressed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that protocol is respected.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) which can be downloaded from www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc and send via email ONLY to email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION AND P.11 AT THIS STAGE.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.