MindAfrica is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Administrator
Job Location: Port-Harcourt
Educational Qualification: Good University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Management
Years of Experience: Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a non profit, membership or training environment or small to medium business environment with 2-5 years experience in finance, administration and payroll.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience of administrative staff
- Experience in the development of positions, systems and procedures
- Experience in project management
- Experience in IT administration, working with IT professionals
- Demonstrated experience leading improvement initiatives
- · Good understanding of accounting principles
- · Good understanding of HR management administration
- · A high level of competency in Microsoft Office especially Word & Excel
- · Confidence with use of computer networks.
- · Commitment to the values of MindAfrica and respect for the different contribution of individuals within the staff team
- · Well presented, good communication and negotiation skills.
- · Commitment to professional development,
- · Can communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- · Experience in providing general support in a small team, and an experienced team player
- · Can work autonomously, effectively managing workload without continual guidance
- · Energetic, willing and ‘can-do’ attitude
- · Ability to analyse situations and take corrective actions
- · Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organisational skills
- · Excellent numeric skills
- · Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
Job Specification(s): The role is hands-on and vital to the efficient running of MindAfrica’s operations. The role will suit someone with a proven track record in finance, project management, administrative & office management.
The role works closely with the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing daily operations. The position is responsible to the Executive Director but works with all staff and external advisers such as auditors, lawyers, consultants etc. A desire for continuous improvement will be required in all aspects of the role.
In a dynamic and evolving work environment, the position holder is expected to be able to develop and implement relevant systems and document and implement current and new procedures. The position is also expected to draw together all administrative work and work practices in a consultative and collaborative style.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
This position is responsible for ensuring that MindAfrica operates at the leading edge of operational efficiency and service quality whilst supporting the Executive Director to deliver strategic and operational priorities.
Key responsibilities include
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Payroll Management
- Office & Administration Management
- Working closely with the Executive Director, the role has significant input into the human resources, infrastructure, donor management, training, media & communications functions.
- Developing, documenting and implementation of quality systems and processes.
- Contribution to MindAfrica’s strategy along with all staff
- Undertaking a Project Officer role on key projects as required.
Apply Before: 2nd of September, 2016. Interviews will be conducted in early September.
How to Apply: Please send a CV and statement of capacity which addresses each of the requirements listed in the Job Description to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org