Supply Chain Director Job Vacancy at Bridge International Academies
Job Title: Supply Chain Director
Job Location: Nigeria
We are looking for an absolute rockstar to join our leadership team in Nigeria and ensure our success by delivering an exceptional Supply Chain organisation. It is an extraordinary, but highly challenging role. We operate 405 active academies in East Africa and are currently expanding our operations to Nigeria. Supply Chain is responsible for inventory management, procurement, logistics, and warehousing to service the activities of each and every academy.
Our academies operate on low cost school fees model – there is no room for excess, and Supply Chain is at the forefront of building an incredibly lean organisation. You will lead the charge to ensure we are getting the best pricing, that our goods are transported efficiently and cleanly, and that our warehousing activities are highly organised and architected for growth and rapid change.
You will be building a world-class Supply Chain platform – and that requires you to be a hands-on leader who effectively manages a large, multi-functional team and proactively dives into the nitty gritty to improve processes and systems. You will need to be tough but fair to ensure that we build a zero-tolerance environment for any fraud and leakage. You will train, develop, and mentor your team, and provide clear, constructive feedback where necessary.
You must be a team player – Supply Chain is deeply integrated with our Development and Operations groups, and you will interact with other teams frequently. You are singularly focused on building a better Bridge, regardless your title or department designation.
Who Should Apply
- Creative problem-solvers – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just Ksh. 500 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordable with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than 400 Naira a day, will have to pay for.
- Customer advocates – Our customers never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- Life-long learners – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- Hands-on doers – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university; MS/MBA a plus
- Big plus for experience working with construction/repairs
- High integrity with zero tolerance for any unethical business practices
- Strong background in Supply Chain management; deep knowledge of procurement, warehousing, logistics best practices
- Significant and meaningful leadership experience leading Supply Chain teams in fast-growth, multi-unit environments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here to Apply
***NOTE***: Click PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.