PATH International is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Malaria Technical Advisor
Job Location: Lagos
- An MD is required along with an MPH or other related Biological Science Postgraduate degree.
Years of Experience:
- At least five years of field experience in malaria prevention and treatment programs in developing countries.
- Past experience working with United States Government (USAID) supported projects and experience in supervising less experienced staff, including building their capacity as well as the capacity of local organizations and sub-grantees in administering USG- supported grants.
- Experience in developing program work plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
Job Specification(s): Leading the way to a malaria-free world:
- Incredible progress has been made in the fight against malaria. PATH-pioneered approaches contributed to 6.2 million lives saved over the course of 15 years. But we don’t just want to control malaria-we want to eliminate it everywhere.
- PATH seeks a Senior Malaria Technical Advisor for the upcoming USAID funded project based in Nigeria. This project will support the national goal of controlling malaria and ultimately eliminating malaria in Nigeria. Nigeria accounts for one-quarter of malaria cases in Africa and there are more deaths caused by malaria in Nigeria than in any other country.
The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor, based in Nigeria, will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Serve as the primary Nigeria-based technical resource for the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Maintain updated technical knowledge on malaria and related public health topics to be able to provide vision and input to strategy development.
- Work with the MOH to actively use data for decision-making and to identify how malaria control activities and impact can be sustained over time.
- Assist the Chief of Party in developing annual work plans, budgets, and performance reports.
- Participate in monitoring, periodic evaluations, and semi-annual reviews of project activities, including program analysis and strategic planning.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with relevant offices and staff of the Government of Nigeria and organizations such as the Global Fund, the World Bank, UN Agencies (WHO, UNICEF and others), the US Government, other donor agencies, and nongovernmental national and international agencies working in Nigeria.
- Provide technical support as requested on malaria program policy, strategy, and implementation, and actively participate in malaria-related technical working groups.
- Work with other offices within the MOH to facilitate the integration of malaria control activities into the broader primary health care system.
- Supervise PATH technical consultants and oversee their input to program activities.
- In depth knowledge of malaria and public health principles and practices, particularly in the area of malaria prevention and case management, program coordination.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration and diplomacy and commitment to achieving project objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable professional software package-specific competence in the use of word processing, presentation, email and calendaring software required.
- Available to travel within the country as needed; availability to travel internationally up to 5 percent.
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and implement malaria control program, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-site team-based organizational structure, including partners and other collaborators; experience with cross-cultural teams highly desirable.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply