The Federal Inland Revenue Service invites application from suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant positions below:
- Assistant Manager, Tax – SL 08
- Officer II, Tax – SL 10
- Officer I, Tax – SL 09
Assistant Manager, Tax – SL 08 Job Vacancy at The Federal Inland Revenue Service
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Tax – SL 08
Job Ref: CAT1- AMT
- Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
- Conducting on the job training for tax Officers;
- Examining Tax returns and raising additional assessment where necessary
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Manage and supervise existing core-tax functions within the business, identifying areas with unregistered taxpayers and least compliance.
- The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to represent the team externally and internally.
- The individual should ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
Minimum Qualifications/Skills Base
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement for at least six (6) years, two (2) of which must be a practical hands-on experience at a supervisory level, and be relevant in the management and supervision of business accounting strategies in taxation in large scale public/private sector organization
Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Conversant with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications
- Prioritization of task and identification of needed resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps.
- Professional skill/courage in enforcement of tax laws application
- Analyzing large/medium/micro & small scale business accounts
- Virtualizing possible gaps in business transactions
- Interpretation of business accounts
- Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws
- Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws
- Proven track record of delivering set targets
- People Management and development
Additional/Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum six (6) years relevant experience in a Government, international organization or private firm in a similar role.
Membership in any of the following Accountancy bodies or their recognized equivalents with prove of certificate(s) obtained by exam:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of Certificate and Corporate Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountants (CIPFA)
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA) U.K
- Society of Incorporated Accountants and Auditors (SIAA)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Institute of Chartered Accountant of England /Wales (ACA)
- Chartered Public Accountants, CPA
Other General Requirement(s)
In addition all Applicants must:
- Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of Government Hospitals:
- National Hospital
- Government Teaching Hospitals
- Federal Medical Centers
- Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
- FIRS considers computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 10th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.