Dangote Group is recruiting to fill the vacant positions:
- Tax Specialist – Compliance Management & Reporting
- Tax Specialist – Structure Planning & Advisory
Tax Specialist – Compliance Management & Reporting Job Vacancy at Dangote Group
Job Title: Tax Specialist – Compliance Management & Reporting
Report to: Head Strategic Tax & Compliance
- Develops Tax compliance metrics and produces performance reports and analytics to achieve business objectives.
- Support business in developing, monitoring and implementation of tax compliance and audit management strategies with a view of ensuring that operational activities are carried out with minimal tax exposures
- Ensure that the incidence of tax defaults, penalties and interest, and cost of non-compliance are minimized
- Define tax compliance and reporting processes, procedures, metrics and tools
- Prepare tax compliance reports and analysis on a regular basis as required by business
- Conduct analysis on tax compliance an a regular basis as required by business Conduct regular enterprise-wide awareness initiatives on tax compliance Follow up on the action plans from performance reports to ensure full tax compliance Monitor overall compliance of the Group and subsidiaries to the !ma1 tax calendar defined for all applicable taxes
- Monitor timely remittance of monthly statutory deductions from employees salaries
- Monitor timely remittance and filing of monthly Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) returns by all operating entities.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and tax accounting
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing regulations
- Strong understanding of the trends of tax administration and practice in Nigeria
- Strong business acumen
- Mastery in interpretation of statutes and legal provisions
- Skilled in interpretation of the various Nigerian tax laws – CIT, Pfl CG1 FIRSEA, etc.
- Skilled in conducting tax research (Local and International)
- Skilled in tax administration and compliance procedures
- Working Knowledge of International Taxation dimension of Nigerian tax laws Working Knowledge of the Companies Income Tax Act
- Working Knowledge of the Petroleum Profit Tax Act
- Working knowledge of the Personal Income Tax Act
- Working Knowledge of the Capital Gains Tax Act
- Awareness of tax legislations in countries where Dangote operate e.g. OHADA laws, SA Tax laws, etc.
- Awareness of accounting concepts and conventions
- Awareness of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Awareness of deferred taxation concept
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and at least one of the following professional bodies will be an added advantage: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- 3-5 years cognate work experience from a reputable organization or Tax Consulting firm with specialist skill in Tax compliance and audit management as added advantage
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- Specify the position you are applying for as subject of the mail e.g Job Title: Tax Specialist – Compliance Management & Reporting.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.