TY Danjuma Foundation is seeking to recruit to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: FINANCE ASSISTANT
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: HND/Degree in Accounting or Business Related Course.
Years of Experience: 2+ years’ experience, some of which must be in a similar role, in the not-for-profit sector or comparable organisation.
- Must be systems literate with budgeting skills.
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and capable of anticipating organisational needs.
- Familiarity with and ability to use accounting packages is critical to this role
- A Chartered Accountant is desirable.
- Familiarity with, and ability to present, IFRS – Based financial reports is critical.
- High level of professionalism, courage, accountability, and personal integrity.
Support the Finance and Administration Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the Foundation, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and salaries.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
- Checks, corrects and maintains a variety of financial and other business records and documents.
- Prepares or assists in preparing various financial or administrative reports.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager by inputting into the accounting system from source documents
- Assist in the production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure contribution to the Foundation’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
Apply Before: 30th of August, 2016
How to Apply: If you are interested and consider yourself suitable for this positions, please send your application to [email protected]
Applicants should submit:
- An application letter (no more than 2 pages) stating why you think you are suitable for the position and what value you hope to bring to the Foundation if given the opportunity.
- A 2-page CV which speaks directly to the position of your interest.