International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Fieldbank Manager
- Head of Data and Information Management Unit
- Communication Specialist
Fieldbank Manager Job Vacancy at IITA
Job Title: Fieldbank Manager
Reference: Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-038
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- To effectively and efficiently manage operations of the Genetic Resources Center (GRC) fieldbank including staff and resources;
- To manage the conservation and characterization of GRC clonal crops in the field particular cassava, yam and Musa to a high standards;
- To assist in the achievement of GRC performance targets and to contribute to the development of GRC as a whole;
- To liaise effectively with the in vitro Genebank of GRC;
- To ensure the fieldbank follows best practice and in a modern fieldbank particularly in areas of barcoding, data management and mechanization;
- To liaise with other units within IITA particularly breeders on the evaluation of germplasm;
- To exist in the planning and implementation of collecting missions;
- To undertake capacity development of NARS and other partners;
- Assist in the development and implementation of research activities involving the fieldbank.
- M.Sc in Plant Science, Plant Genetics, Crop Production, Agronomy or related field with 5 years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good Communication skill;
- Good field research management skills
- Good field data collection and management skills
- Good ability to speak more than one Nigeria language.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.