International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) seeks to recruit to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Health Care in Danger (HCiD) Assistant
- Administrative Clerk/Cashier
- Restoring Family Links (RFL) Field Officer
Health Care in Danger (HCiD) Assistant Job Vacancy at ICRC
Job Title: Health Care in Danger (HCiD) Assistant
- Supports the delegation and the various structures in the field in defining and implementing in a coherent
- manner HCiD action through a Delegation-approved strategy.
- Supports all the sites, in cooperation with Protection, Assistance (Health & Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)), Prevention and Cooperation department, in the initiation, development and implementation of local and contextualized projects on HCiD.
- Through bilateral meetings and roundtable engagements, he/she progressively mobilizes the humanitarian stakeholders and the relevant national authorities, in particular the Ministry of Health, to promote the idea of establishing a platform for monitoring and data sharing of HCiD incidents, supporting the protection and security of medical missions, and promoting the respect of medical ethics.
- Supports the management in mobilising and convening concerned stakeholders and the authorities on the issue (humanitarian diplomacy) while raising awareness and sensitizing them on the topic.
- Includes a Protection component in the assessment / analysis, monitoring and evaluation of related HCiD issues
- University degree in Health or equivalent field
- 4 years work experience in health management field or a humanitarian organization
- Awareness of the socio-political environment in Nigeria
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good command of Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba as asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Coordination of multidisciplinary projects and solid organizational skills
Training and coaching skills:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, strategic and creative thinking, analytical skills, flexibility, and open, diplomatic management style
- Team-player in multicultural environment
- Empathetic and diplomatic approach
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, application letter and contact details of three referees to:
- Please clearly indicate “HCiD Assistant Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- The deadline for the submission of applications will be the date above. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.