Action Against Hunger | ACF-International is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
- Deputy National Safety and Security Manager
- National Safety and Security Manager
- Procurement Assistant
- Community Liaison Manager
- Deputy Wash Head of Department
- Deputy Finance HOD
Deputy National Safety and Security Manager Job Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Job Title: Deputy National Safety and Security Manager, Northern Nigeria
Locations: Borno, Jigawa, Yobe
- The Deputy Safety and Security Manager is the second line focal point for all security relevant information within Bases of Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria (specifically for Borno, Jigawa and Yobe states).
- He/she supports the national safety and security manager, Northern Nigeria and is line managed by the Field Coordinator Maiduguri base and provides support to the Field Coordinators in Damaturu and Dutse and serves as an advisor for daily operational planning of safety and security for all staff and programs in Northern Nigeria.
- The deputy safety and security manager will be based in AAH Office Maiduguri and will have regular trips to AAH Office Damaturu and Dutse as per AAH policies.
- He/She will support the Field Coordinators to ensure the safety and security of all ACF staff, locations, and assets. As determined by the Field Co, the deputy safety and security manager may need to represent AAH, its Mandate and activities to external actors and participate in humanitarian and governmental safety and security forums as appropriate.
- The deputy safety and security manager will ensure that AAH staff, and operations in all areas covered (Borno, Yobe and Jigawa state-wide), apply the AAH Mandate, Charter and Code of Conduct, as well as safety and security operational policies, procedures and regulations.
- Overall Safety and Security Management in Support to Programs.
- Liaison with Government and external actors for safety and security of AAH staff.
- Risk assessments in operational and new mission areas.
- Assist the Field Coordinator to insure safety/security of AAH personnel and assets.
- University Degree or equivalent experience in the NGO sector
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the commercial Safety and Security business is required.
- Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Hausa languages is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of security operations is essential.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work structured and independently
- Ability to write short coherent reports on topics of security relevance
- Existing network to influential actors in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state (e.g. on security, political, social, cultural, religious level)
- Expertise on political and security situation in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Living in Jigawa, Yobe and/or Borno state for 5 years+
- Experience in a humanitarian context or NGO context
- Experience in dealing with Safety & Security threats in an business / non-profit organization
- Fluency in Kanuri language
- Radio user
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent drafting and written skills.
- Previous management experience, including management of multiple teams/departments
- Basic experience in Nigerian Security Forces (Military and/or Police)
- Previous ACF experience
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: [email protected]
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- For example, “Deputy National Safety and Security Manager-JIGAWA”.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after this date will not be considered.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.