Bertola Machine-Tool Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory and Procurement Officer/Senior Quality Control Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Engineering and other related courses.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 4 years working experience in civil/structural and construction engineering.
- Prepares RFQ’s and forwarding it to relevant suppliers/agents to obtain Quotations and prepare Purchase Order.
- Maintains records/database of various categories of approved suppliers and continuously monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance.
- Sourcing the most quality and affordable materials for the company’s manufacturing process.
- Projects stock levels, review tenders and bids and controlling purchasing budget.
- Monitors delivery times to ensure timeliness while ensuring adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment.
- Delivers cost savings for the company and manages the procurement supplier relationships for the company.
- Ensures all tests are carried out in accordance with applicable standards and internal test protocols
- Interacts with and investigates product quality complaints from customers
- Provides technical support and training to the sales and marketing department
- Performs tests and supports the creation and development of new products and improvement of existing ones.
- Benchmarks the company’s products against national industrial standards and performs a comparative analysis of products against competitors’ products.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly concrete strength report to the Technical manager.
- Develops sourcing strategies to ultimately contribute to the bottom line of the company.
- Prepares high quality tender documentation and regularly contacts suppliers to re-negotiate prices.
- Resolves disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers and keeps all supplier programs current and accurate.
- Promotes best practice across the company and also involves in writing up contracts and terms of sales
- Sets and monitors product standards, examining samples of raw products and testing during processing to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality
- Performs laboratory duties including preparing and running lab formulation trials, testing and data logging.
Apply Before: 16th October, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org