Save the Children Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
- Humanitarian Finance Assistant
- Humanitarian Finance Coordinator
- Humanitarian Finance Manager
Humanitarian Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at Save the Children Nigeria
Job Title: Humanitarian Finance Assistant
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- The Finance Assistant has responsibility to manage payments, receipts and disbursement of funds.
- He/she would be responsible for Glacos registration and filling of documents.
- He/she will also provide support to the finance unit.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent.
- One year post graduation similar experience in a NGO
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
- Fluency in English Language
- A knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri Language
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualied candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.