Malaria No More (MNM) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below :
Job Title: Advocacy Consultant
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Minimum BS/BA degree; advanced degree in a related field preferred.
Years of Experience: 6+ years experience in Nigeria’s health or finance sector, preferably within a relevant Ministry or a technical assistance partner such as the Global Fund or USAID.
- Deep knowledge of Nigeria’s health sector landscape and a network of contacts in the Ministry of Health and the broader health sector.
- Track record of success working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted project that requires high levels of collaboration with partners.
- Hard-working and energetic collaborator who creates trust, demonstrates credibility and inspires enthusiasm with all internal and external contacts.
- Motivated by the prospect of working in a startup environment, with a passion to “roll up the sleeves” and dig in.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Superior oral and written communications skills in English required.
- Prior experience in advocacy, ideally within the health sector.
- Excellent communicator who can communicate across different cultures and technology platforms (telephone, Skype, email).
- Ability to research and draft strategy papers, reports, and fact sheets, and manage the printing and distribution of these materials.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. A monthly consultant rate will be negotiated.
Malaria No More is seeking a short-term Advocacy Consultant to assist with our advocacy and efforts in Nigeria. Based in Abuja, the Consultant will work with MNM’s US-based teams and global partners to advance the malaria advocacy agenda with the Nigerian government, health partners and business community. The initial contract will be for a 5-month term, but an extension is possible depending on funding and other factors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
After several years of providing high-impact malaria education communications and life-saving commodities in Nigeria, Malaria No More is looking for a Consultant to initiate our malaria advocacy efforts with the Nigerian government and other key stakeholders. The Consultant will help to build our advocacy strategy for Nigeria, interface with the Nigerian government, stakeholders and partners and help with donor development efforts.
The Consultant will work closely with Malaria No More leadership in Washington, DC who will provide overarching guidance on advocacy activities. The Consultant will also work with our advocacy teams in Cameroon and Kenya, and facilitate MNM staff visits when they travel to Nigeria.
The ideal Consultant will be someone who lives in Abuja, understands Nigeria’s health sector landscape, and maintains a strong network of contacts in the national and state government and the broader health sector. The Consultant will use their knowledge of the Nigerian government and parliament to connect Malaria No More with government officials who are most committed to taking effective action against malaria. The Consultant should also have strong contacts within donor organizations such as the Global Fund, USAID, the World Bank, and the Gates Foundation and NGO partners involved in the fight against malaria.
In addition, the Consultant will:
- Represent MNM on the National Malaria Elimination Programme’s Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilisation committee and sub-committees.
- Provide in-country context and serve as a contact point for global partners such as the Roll Back Malaria partnership, UN Special Envoy for Malaria and the African Leaders Malaria Alliance.
- Work with MNM US to draft a Malaria Advocacy Strategy that articulates a plan to catalyze Nigerian and private sector resources to close gaps for the treatment and prevention of malaria.
- Identify and prioritize areas of focus for Malaria No More advocacy activities.
- Assist with in-country efforts at developing our donor base in Nigeria.
- Work with the Nigerian government and international health partners to draft effective implementation plans for malaria programs.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nigeria Advocacy Consultant – Full Name” in the subject heading.