Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
- Operations Assistant
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (ISING)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
- Deputy Program Manager (ISING)
- WASH Officer
- Senior Program Officer – Cash Voucher
Operations Assistant Job Vacancy at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Location:Biu – Borno State
General Position Summary
- The operations assistant will provide support to the operations officer for facilitating and executing different aspects of procurement, logistics and administration responsibilities.
- S/he will work extensively with other departments to ensure that all program support activities are implemented successfully and timely.
Essential Job Functions
- Possesses a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats to undertake procurement responsibilities.
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other procurement documentation.
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for requests as per Mercy Corps standard policies.
- Ensures that required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed and filled correctly.
- Maintains and updates procurement files as often as required
- Assists with payment requests and follows up with status to ensure vendor payment is done in a timely manner.
Logistics and Assets:
- Ensure that all assets in Biu office are tagged and transferred from one user to the other through proper documentations
- Participates in regular assets inventory and checks at minimum on a quarterly basis
- Ensures all assets are maintained and in good condition, through proper documentation
- Assists in the operation of generator, inverter other office equipment as well as monitors the servicing schedule.
- Support in the preparation of monthly assets, inventory report as required
- Maintains appropriate filing systems for office correspondence, ensure proper tracking of office correspondence.
- Supports operations officer to ensure that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Ensures office has sufficient office supplies, such as stationary, cleaning supplies, office supplies.
- Makes all necessary travel and lodging arrangements for visitors, and follow up on documentation as well as prompt payment
- Be the focal person for guest houses cleaning maintenance and follow up on supplies
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
- Other duties as will be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/S in relevant field preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in operations (logistics or procurement), preferably within an NGO, international business or related field.
- Good organization skills.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action to avoid delays in program implementation.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Good oral and written skills and computer skills
- Strong computer skills on MS office programs
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts. Conscientious with high work ethics.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.