Association for Reproductive and Family Health is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Job Location: Osun
Educational Qualification: Candidate must have a first degree/HND in Accounting or other related social science courses.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience is an advantage
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks, analytical, interpersonal, and communication are required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian NGOs contractual procedures is a must. A post graduate degree will also be an advantage.
The applicant must be resident in Osun State, be able to communicate fluently in the local language. The position attracts a monthly remuneration of thirty five thousand naira only (N35, 000.00) inclusive of tax.
- Reports to the State Program Officer with technical backstop from the senior finance officer (Abuja)
- As state finance associate, under the guidance of the state program officer and key staff of the central office, support the state office in the effective management/ disbursement/retirements of all state office funds and provide administrative support to the State/field office.
- S/he will have the unique opportunity to also acquire relevant experience and build his/her financial management and administrative capacity while working on the project.
Support the preparation of project state level work plans/budgets, and tracking of budgets.
- Ensure timely retirement of advances by staff of project field offices to HQ.
- Review all retirements from the field offices and Abuja HQ
- Assist the HQ finance team to resolve audited questioned cost emanating from retirements or observations from the field office.
- Maintain imprest account, manage all petty cash transactions and fuel retainer ship including preparation of petty cash analysis for reimbursement
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Prepare and pay out signed cheques and maintain an accurate cheque payment register
- Prepare, sign for and register vouchers for goods and services received
- Carry out banking transactions, (i.e. fund withdrawal, fund deposit, collection of bank documents etc.)
- Maintain working relationship with banks to ensure timely banking transactions
- Conduct accurate monthly reconciliation of cash and bank statements
- Track fund request for activities from field office to HQ and fund release from HQ to field office account to ensure that both are timely
- Program Management
- Ensure proper verification of all supporting documents which make up the full retirements before sending documents to the head quarters
- Ensure timely retirement of funds expended for activities in the field office
- Lead the process of resolving financial queries from HQ on retirement’s submitted by field office
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the ARFH field office
- Send request for quotes (RFQ) and obtain quotes from vendors in line with ARFH/GF procurement procedures. Also participate in the quote analysis
- Provide logistic support for short term technical assistants (consultants). Also responsible for arranging the logistics for the implementation of project activities in the state
- Ensure payment of participants at workshops etc and ensuring complete documentation is maintained
- Maintain appropriate filling systems for payment vouchers, receipts, bank statements etc and ensure that adequate (correct and complete) supporting documents are attached as required
- Maintain a record of contacts details (address and phone numbers) of vendors and the various malaria stakeholders (Government, NGOs, private sector, donor etc)
- Maintain an accurate and complete procurement and other relevant files for field office
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all books of accounts including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records consistent with generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain inventory register for fixed assets and office supplies/consumables for the project and regular updates as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the appropriate officer.
Apply Before: 23rd August, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of post and state applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees