Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) seeks for experienced and qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
- HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer
- HC3 Nigeria State M&E Officer
- HC3 Nigeria Admin and Finance Assistant
HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer Job Vacancy at Johns Hopkins University
Job Title: HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer
Locations: Ebonyi, Bauchi and Sokoto States
Reports to: State Coordinator
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication (CCP) and Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Nigeria Family Planning Project seeks one (1) Social Mobilization Officer for each Family Planning project states (Bauchi, Ebonyi & Sokoto).
- The Social Mobilization Officer will provide technical support to the state project team in the process of planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization activities.
- S/he is expected to work in close collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees and the State HC3 Team to plan, organize, conduct, report and follow-up social and community mobilization activities related to family planning. The incumbents will maintain regular communication with State Coordinator, Communication Advisor and Deputy Director Family Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of family planning and promote uptake of services.
- Organize meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on family planning and availability of services
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social/community mobilization agents working under the HC3 Family Projector implementing government-led initiatives.
- Support the HC3 M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Collaborate with State Coordinator and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support HC3 FP& Malaria project efforts as assigned
- This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position reports to the State Coordinator for the respective state.
Education and/or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years work experience in advocacy, social and/or community mobilization for health programs
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the relevant project states and ability to communicate fluently in Hausa or lgbo, depending on location
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully ins cross-cultural, team-based environment
Application Closing Date
5pm (Abuja Time); Thursday, 18th August, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the instructions exactly below to apply:
- Your Cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- A table with the following information regarding your language skills. Scoring: 1 = Elementary skills, 2 = Limited working proficiency, 3 = General Professional proficiency, 4 = Advanced Professional proficiency, 5 = Functional Native proficiency
|Language||Oral (Score of -15)||Written (Score of-15)|
- Email your cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: h[email protected]
- CV and cover letter PDF file name be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be “HC3 Nigeria Social Mobilization Officer”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation.
- Any submission that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review
- Language skills will be tested during interview for shortlisted candidates.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.