Medicaid Cancer Foundation (MCF) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: A University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences, etc, and a master’s degree in communication arts will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in similar position on projects focusing on Cancer and Cancer Care is desirable.
Other Requirements: Compulsory Skill Requirement:
- Applicant MUST possess working skills in either Graphic Design or Web Development/Management. Please if you do not posses any of the two, DO NOT APPLY!!!
- Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
Job Specification(s): Specific Responsibilities
The position requires a graduate with experience working in the development sector related to the role. Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to developing an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research (new and traditional media) and compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. Graphics, Web Pages, Briefing Notes, Images, Video, etc.) that meet MCF and global standards.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human-interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre/repository for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media channels and materials.
- Maintain and update an online media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
Apply Before: 16th August, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com STRICTLY in the following format:
- Email subject to read only: MCF/COMMS/0916. Very Important!!!
- Content of the mail should be CV as an attachment.