The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher
- English Teacher
Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher Job Vacancy at The American University of Nigeria
Job Title: Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher
Job Location: Yola
Department: New Foundation School
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Social Studies/ Civic Education Teacher. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To implement and deliver a balanced and relevant curriculum for the students and to support the overall social studies/civic education curriculum of the New Foundation School. He/she shall monitor and support the overall progress and development of the students both as a teacher and a mentor.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Education and A good first degree in History; Sociology and Anthropology or any Art related from a recognized tertiary with three to five years teaching experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office programs.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
- Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
- A good workplace ethics.
- Adequate knowledge of AUN Policies and Procedures.
- The full-time social studies/civic education teacher is expected to have a general knowledge of the subject and experience.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to meet set deadlines
- Proactivity in the work environment
- Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
- Dress Decently
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.