Solidarités International (SI) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Administrative Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator
Administrative Coordinator Job Vacancy at Solidarités International (SI)
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job Location: Abuja
About the job
The administrative coordinator will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
He/she will take part in defining Solidarités International’s human resources policy, and ensure that it is followed.
As coordinator, he is responsible for the mission’s financial balance.
He/she will monitor adherence to Solidarités administrative procedures and donor procedures as well as to the laws of the country in which intervention is taking place.
He/she is the point of reference for the mission, and the link between headquarters and the mission for all administrative matters.
Specific context of the post:
SI three folded operational strategy is divided has been thought to adapt to changing context and access. It will balance a direct intervention in accessible areas (Maiduguri city) and remote operations through a network of collaborators in non-covered outer LGAs, with potential ad hoc movements from the expatriates on site, would security conditions allow it.
This strategy takes into consideration access constraints, security restrictions, logistics issues and sensitivity of the different stakeholders.
In this opening and operationalization phase, the Administrative coordinator will be based in Abuja with frequent movements to Maiduguri.
He/She will aim at setting up the overall administrative frame of the mission, with a focus on three initial priorities:
- Implement all necessaries financial arrangements : bank account opening, cash management procedures, alternative money transfer modalities.
- Setup and implement the HR frame of the mission, and tightly support the recruitment phase for both program and support departments.
- Directly support both Maiduguri’s administrative manager and the logistics coordinator in the reaching of their respective objectives.
Education and experience
- Technical education or significant experience in the administrative and financial sector
- Previous experience as an admin coordinator (1 year) a prerequisite
- Previous experience as a base admin manager (1 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening, preferably within SI, appreciated
Knowledge and technical skills
- Expertise on bank opening and cash management highly appreciated
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Transferable skills in logistics appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of the Chad Lake basin area appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
Abuja Living Conditions
Abuja is the federal capital of Nigeria. It is located in the center of Nigeria in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Climate is classified as tropical wet and dry with a warm rainy season from April to October and a hot dry season between November and March.
Accommodation in Abuja is in hotel with internet access, restaurant, AC, hot water and laundry service. There is no office for the moment, but work can be done from the hotel or in one of the several quiet bars with internet access present in town.
The level of security threat is very limited in Abuja and the city does not experience the same issues than other Nigerian urban areas. Main risks are road accident, due to driving fast and not very disciplined, and malaria. Criminality is very low and expatriate community is not identified as a specific target.
Humanitarian sector being small in Abuja, humanitarian expatriate life is limited, but on the other hand, external social life can be very pleasant thanks to the low security threat and the presence of several restaurants, bars, parks, clubs, gym and pools.
SI will offer you:
A salaried post: according to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about SI, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Contact : Pauline CARTERY, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Click Here to Apply
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Closing date: 30 Sep 2016
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.