Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant-ENGINE
- Household Economic Strengthening Manager
- Human Resources Manager
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant-ENGINE Job Vacancy at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant-ENGINE
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) program seeks to improve the lives of marginalised adolescent girls aged 16-19 in Nigeria.
- The project which is funded through a grant to the Coca-Cola Company as part of the UK Department for International Development’s Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) is being implemented in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and the FCT.
- About 18,000 adolescent girls who are either enrolled in school or are currently out of school are the target beneficiary of the program.
- The ENGINE program is being implemented by a consortium which includes Mercy Corps, Preston Health Care Consulting and the Nike Foundation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage ENGINE data management platforms (SPSS, CSpro, Excel)
- Perform data analysis and present monthly report based on project indicators
- Conduct collation and entry of data from ENGINE data collection tool including but not limited to; post-test questionnaire, Matching Interest to Work (MiW), Attendance summary, academic curricular pretest score and School performance record
- Perform regular update of ENGINE data management platforms
- Coordinate data entry clerks
- Support development of monthly M&E report, factsheet
- Perform any other assignment as required by the supervisor
- Reports directly to ENGINE MEL Officer (100%)
Works Directly With:
- MEL team, Programs unit, I&E team
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, information management, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in database management
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in the area of qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, database management and report writing
- Knowledge of program development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Hausa required.
- The successful MEL Assistant will have the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines within a complex team.
- S/he will demonstrate strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and be committed to the values and mission of Mercy Corps.
- S/he will take initiative and contribute to team efforts, as well as demonstrate ability to communicate.
- This position will be based in Abuja with up to 25% travel primarily to locations within Northern States where security is at times high-risk.
- Security in Abuja is generally good. Housing, health care, water, electricity and consumer goods are all reasonably accessible and there are good international and domestic travel options from Abuja Airport.
- Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the email
Note: shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.