AEDC Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Head, Business Risk
Job Location: Abuja
- A first Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or Natural Science.
Additional Qualification Required:
- An MBA and a professional Risk Management Qualification a MUST.
Years of Experience: 10 Years Experience in an industry / commercial entity with experience in the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Programme and Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plans
- The candidate must be prepared to work unusually long hours; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply. The following attributes are also very cardinal for effective delivery of this function;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent Communication skills both written and orally
- Tenacious, highly motivated and resilient individual
- Team worker with the ability to drive cross functional KPls development & Implementation
- Effective Leadership
- Result Oriented with ‘a can do attitude
- Good lnterpersonal Relationship
- The role reports to the Director Risk and Compliance within the AEDC organogrem.
- He/she is to effectively develop and implement an Enterprise Wide Risk Management System for the organisation, develop a rick identification and reporting matrix for the organisation and prepare quarterly ERM Reports for the EMT and EXCOM of the AEDC Board.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall Enterprise Risk Management process and plan for the organisation
- Leading and coordinating risk assessments, identifying the operational and strategic risks, facilitating the prioritization of risk and the identification of risk owners.
- Ensure the provision of on-the-job technical training for staff to ensure skills transfer,
- Take the lead in establishing and monitoring performance benchmarks for the Business Risk Management function and ensure the promotion of a high performance culture within team.
- Co-ordinate all Risk Management activities and events within AEDC.
- Ensure the implementation of all the Company’s Risk Management Frameworks which includes Enterprise Risk Management, Insurance Risk Management, Crisis Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Fraud Risk Management, and Information Security Risk Management in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Quarterly Top 10 Organisational Risk Profile reporting to the Executive Management Team (EMT) and the Board of Directors
- Coordinate Risk and Control Assessment (“RCA”) including set scope, identify material risks, assign risk prioritization, identify and assess the design and operating effectiveness of key controls to mitigate operational risk.
- Capacity Building Training for AEDC staff in Risk identification, Assessment and Reporting
- Risk culture and change and process ownership for every staff of AEDC
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
- Business Continuity; Manage potential and real situation that may cause disruption to operations and invocation of business continuity plans, including implementation of a robust business recovery strategy comprising an impact analysis contingency plans and testing and with consideration to critical parties and vendors. Responsibilities also include facilitation of mandatory business continuity awareness and escalation of business continuity risks
- Conduct Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as coats, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks
- Establishing and qualifying the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ i.e the level of risk they are prepared to undertake.
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risk, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks
Apply Before: 5:00 pm GMT; 9th August, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Curiculum Vitae and a Cover letter to: email@example.com The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.
Note: Only applications sent to the above email address will be treated.