The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Local Guard Coordinator, FSN- 07/FP-7*
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law or Criminology is required.
Years of Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the commercial security guard business, civilian or government police, or military is required.
1. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
Level III (Good working Knowledge) in Hausa languages is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
2. Thorough knowledge of security operations is required.
3. Must be able to assess real-time threat information and issue orders for the immediate conduct of defensive operations
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Job Specification(s): Incumbent is a senior member of the Defensive Planning and Support Staff (DPSS) member and provides supervision of the DPSS staff in absence of the Defensive Security Coordinator (DSC) and Surveillance Detection Coordinator (SDC) as required. This subordinate Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) member is responsible for the first-line management and supervision of the Local Guard Force (LGF) personnel and resources.
Apply Before: August 12, 2016
How to Apply: Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application
will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
3. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
4. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
5. E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Email Address: [email protected]
**Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted
NOTE: ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.