Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Emergency Logistic Manager
Job Location: Borno
Educational Qualification: You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
Years of Experience: You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced and complex humanitarian emergency contexts.
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role in keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization’s policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new contextual developments.
Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You remain calm and professional under pressure and encourage others to maintain efficiency and effectiveness as well.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams achieve their objectives. You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- Supervising the logistics team at base level
- Managing the supply chain function at base level
- Managing fleet and transport at base level
- Supervising the management of equipment at base level
- Contributing to sound financial management at base level
- Communication management at base level
- Building the capacity of other departments at base level in working with logistics documentation
How to Apply: