ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Consultant – Development and Increase Energy Awareness
- Consultant (LPG)
- Consultant – Development of a Regional Programme
Consultant – Development and Increase Energy Awareness Job Vacancy at ECOWAS
Job Title: Consultant for the Development and Increase Energy Awareness in the ECOWAS Region
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- West Africa boasts huge energy resources that are sometimes poorly distributed and generally under exploited. Despite the regions potential, the population’s access to energy services remains a major concern. Over 180 million people have problems of access to electricity, representing about 60% of the population.
- The level of access to modern energy sources for cooking remains well below 5% throughout the region, especially in rural area.
- Only 45% of the energy demand is met while the per capita energy consumption which is 150 kWh per capita is the lowest in the world. These indicators reflect the energy precariousness of our region.
- Aware of these difficulties and huge regional disparities, the ECOWAS Commission quickly realised the need to make access to sustainable and affordable energy supply a fundamental priority of the Community. This approach has led ECOWAS together with Member States to focus on joint efforts with a view to systematically reducing the energy gap in the region through the creation of a regional energy market.
- It is within this context that ECOWAS is seeking to engage a consultant to develop and Increase Energy Awareness in the ECOWAS Region.
- The overall objective of this mission is to design and develop awareness tools to promote ECOWAS efforts aimed at improving access to modern energy services for the people of the ECOWAS region.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultants
The Consultant will be expected to provide the following services:
- Collecting data and information from various stakeholders of the ECOWAS energy sector (Energy Directorate, West African Gas Pipeline Authority, West African Power Pool, ECOWAS Regional Electricy Regulatory Authority, ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency);
- Analysing the collected data and identifying projects, measures or relevant actions undertaken or being undertaken for ECOWAS Member States having a strong impact on people’s welfare;
- Identifying and developing, based on the sociological profile of the 15 ECOWAS Member States, communication media and tools seeking first to promote and then make visible ECOWAS actions in the energy sector in order to achieve greater recognition. These may include ready-to-broadcast, radio scripts, printed documents, in particular brochures, leaflets, prospectus and flyers etc., as well as design a << visibility kit >> with posters, kakemonos, tarpaulins and proposed media tools, etc.
- Developing educational materials for communication and public awareness at various levels and by targets including schools, administrations, hotels, restaurants, commercial centres etc. on the importance of energy and introduction of energy saving measures;
- Preparing forms, brochures and flyers or any other proposed communication tools and by identified targets, concerning clean energy solutions and energy efficiency measures;
- Proposing for each product to be developed the quantities to be produced as well as a lan for broad dissemination in each ECOWAS Member State.
The study will be carried out by one (1) consultant, responding to the profile below:
- A Communication Expert, holding an Engineering Degree in Communication or equivalent (Management, Communication Science etc.), with proven expertise in the definition of communication strategies in the ECOWAS region including good knowledge of the region’s energy sector, especially its main constraints, and proven experience in similar studies (minimum of 2 missions);
- He must have Ten (10) years working experience gained in an international or national communication company, a consultancy firm or a government and demonstrate excellent capacity, and skills in writing, editing, production, illustration and broadcasting;
- He must be fluent in French or English with a good grasp of the other language (reading, writing and speaking).
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following:
- Curriculum and Certificates photocopies;
- Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past Ten (10) years;
- Computer knowledge; knowledge of the area;
- Language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project.
Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individuals.
The attention of interested firms is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), setting forth corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per Article 17. (h) of the ECOWAS Tender Code.
Application Closing Date
11.00 a.m (GMT+1) Thursday: 1st September, 2016.
Method of Application
Expressions of interest (1 Original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked: (“Recruitment of a Consultant for the Development and increase energy awareness in the ECOWAS Region”, Do not open except in presence of the Tender Committee) to the address below:
The ECOWAS Tender Box:
The Office of the Commissioner,
General Administration & Conference,
5th Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Abuja – Nigeria.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9: 00 a.m. (GMT+1) to 5.00 p.m. (GMT+1).
Directorate of General Administration,
101 ,Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District,
P. M. B. 401,
Abuja – Nigeria.
By email: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected]
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant positions.