Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Risk Facilitation Educator
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job Vacancy at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Locations: Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe
Task and Responsibilities
MEAL Systems Development at base level in consultation with the country M&E Manager:
- Based on the project proposals, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, support the M&E Manager in the development and implementation of a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems at the base level through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed
- Conduct training for base project staff on M&E in line with identified capacity needs and provide ongoing mentoring support in consultation with the M&E Manager.
- Work with the various project teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with technical managers, M&E manager, staff, and partners.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Lead on compilation of regular monthly and quarterly base level reports using data provided by Base project teams and ensure cross checking of data.
- Support the M&E manager to fill monitoring table of projects
- Support the Head of Base and technical program Managers to ensure that planned activities are carried out in a way that is timely, cost effective and adheres to quality standards
- Provide base level project data to help with donor monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Research and Evaluation:
- Coordinate with the donor-contracted Evaluation Team for conducting of activities at base and village levels
- Support coordination of overall project/s review and evaluation activities as required. This includes working with the independent Evaluation Team to coordinate mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as required
- Support creation of a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, women, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Ensure beneficiary accountability mechanism is logging and addressing complaints in a timely fashion. Ensure programme managers are aware of delays in acting on any complaints or information requests
- Training beneficiaries, community stakeholders and programme participants on DRC complaint response mechanism to promote downward accountability.
Knowledge Management & Learning:
- In consultation with Head of Base, country M&E Manager and technical managers, facilitate and compile case studies, change stories and lessons learned reports on a regular basis to share wider programme and inform improvements in quality and delivery
- Analyze information about the base level programme / projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure key base level lessons and challenges are documented and shared with staff and partners to help consolidate lessons learned for future proposal development and implementation of best practices.
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: Protection, Emergency NFIs, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods and/ or Mine Risk Education initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyses data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities and evaluate progress.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to DRC /DDG’s mission, values and approach.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel within DRC offices within Nigeria.
- Professional qualification at BSc level or above in Social Science, Statistics, Livelihoods, Protection, or Economics.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques.
- Experience in international development.
- Availability: End August/Early September 2016
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application with a Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivery to:
The Head of Base,
DRC Maiduguri Office,
No. 548 Ashaka Road Potiskum close,
Off Damboa Road old GRA west,
The Head of Base,
DRC Mubi Office,
No. 64 Suleja Street,
Lokuwa – Mubi North,
No 49 Karewa GRA,
- Candidate should Indicate the position applied.
- Application to be submitted in English.
- Names and contact details (email address) of 3 professional non-related references should be provided.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please provide references, but do not attach any written recommendations.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for (oral and test on presentation skills) interviews
Application Deadline 10th August, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.