Action Against Hunger | ACF-International seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Nutrition Assistant
- Nutrition Officer
- Nutrition Deputy Program Manager
Nutrition Assistant Job Vacancy at Action Against Hunger
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Locations: Borno, Jigawa, Yobe
- The Nutrition Assistant will primarily be responsible for delivery and follow-up of training of key stakeholder on nutrition in link with the response in the respective states.
- Presently and ongoing, the Program is working to provide over 2000 IDP and vulnerable host households with support to implement micro gardening in their settlements and camps, and 4750 IDP and vulnerable host households with food assistance, and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- This position will be responsible for implementing the nutrition behavior change activities
- Undertake nutrition interventions at LGA level under the direction of the Nutrition Officer.
- Collect information and data on nutrition at LGA level through screenings, surveys, and assessments.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- Diploma in a Nutrition or Community Based Programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 1 year relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – IYCF a plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Good team spirit.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Nutrition Assistant-JIGAWA”.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
Click Next to access the next vacant position.