MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- IP Security Engineer
- Datacoms Services Manager
- Manager, IP Planning
IP Security Engineer Job Vacancy at MTN Nigeria
Job Title: IP Security Engineer
- To provide day to day Operational and Maintenance Support for the MTN Nigeria’s enterprise Data Network based on Network Security Technology.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Coordinate high level understanding of multi-services platforms, routing protocols ISIS / RIP / RSVP / OSPF / BGP / iBGP / and trouble shoot down to packet level.
- Guarantee in-depth knowledge of IP/MPLS protocols, NMS systems, firewalls, Cisco works, CIC, identify with Layer 2 and 3 VPN in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Implement Site-to-site and Remote Access VPN
- Implement firewalling technologies and network access control methodologies.
- Implement mile business connectivity access technologies like GPR
- Implement network access control across different network segment on the IP/MPLS network
- Ensure security and preventative measures for unauthorized access.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new Data/services working with Marketing and IP System planning.
- Perform New Node implementation and cut over.
- Provide Emergency Maintenance on IP/MPLS Network with Security skills High Level trouble shooting.
- Achieve Planned Works Completion rate.
- Liaise with IP vendors, interfacing with TAC centres and Vendor Tier 2 and 3 support staff.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
- Cisco Certification to Professional Level required with a bias in Security
- CCIE certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with a team
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Years high level support of a large Enterprise Environment
- Demonstrate knowledge in Security Policies
- Knowledge of interworking with TAC and other Cisco services
- Prior experience in Telecommunications or Service Provider Functionality is key
- C.C.N.P Routing & Switching
- C.C.N.P Security or C.C.S.P
- IP /MPLS training
- Project Management
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.